1 / 35
Who was Dr. Sadao? Where was his house situated?
2 / 35
Give two reasons why Dr. Sadao was not sent abroad with the Japanese troops?
3 / 35
Sadao ‘had waited to fall in love with her (Hana), until he was sure she was Japanese.’ Why did he do so?
4 / 35
Sometimes little things in life become very vital. How would you justify it from the chance first meeting of Sadao and Hana?
5 / 35
Who was the ‘misty figure’ that had been washed ashore in front of Dr. Sadao’s beach house? How did the doctor and his wife establish his identity?
6 / 35
Why did blood start flowing out of the wounded man as soon as Sadao touched the wound with his fingers?
7 / 35
How and why did Dr. Sadao stop the bleeding of the injured man on the beach? What dilemma did Dr. Sadao and his wife have to face soon after?
8 / 35
What makes Hana comment, “We must think of the children and your position”?
9 / 35
What makes Dr. Sadao comment, “This man have extraordinary vitality”?
10 / 35
Why do you think Hana believes that the man (the American POW) is a ‘menace, living or dead’?
11 / 35
How did the old Gardener react when Sadao told him about the wounded American sailor?
12 / 35
“Could it ever be well to help an enemy?” what does your reading of the story ‘The Enemy’ tell you?
13 / 35
How did Hana wash the wounded man? Why did she have to do it herself?
14 / 35
Hana had never ever seen an operation before? How did she feel when she saw Sadao probing the soldier’s wound?
15 / 35
“This man…. There is no reason under heaven, why he should live.” Why does Dr. Sadao make this statement about the American prisoner of war?
16 / 35
What reason would you describe to the general beating his wife?
17 / 35
What did Hana think when she saw the scars on the American'? Why did she think so '?
18 / 35
Do you agree with the observation of the American professor, "Ignorance of the human body is the surgeon's cardinal sin" '?
19 / 35
Why does Dr Sadao mutter the words 'My friend' while treating the American prisoner of war'? What is ironical about his words '?
20 / 35
How do the servants react to the decision of Sadaos to keel' the American prisoner of war in their house'?
21 / 35
Give details of the two things that happened on the seventh day after the wounded American was brought into the house by Sadaos.
22 / 35
Why did a messenger come to call Sadao? What did Hana think about the visit of the messenger?
23 / 35
Why does the General not want to be treated by a doctor trained in Germany?
24 / 35
How did the General offer to help Sadao get rid of the American?
25 / 35
What is an absolute state? Why was it necessary for the rulers to keep assassins?
26 / 35
After recovering when the American prisoner asks the doctor, "What are you going to do with me?” do you think the doctor's answer was any consolation for him?
27 / 35
Why do the domestic servants of the Sadaos strongly react to the American's presence in the house?
28 / 35
After the General's assurance of getting the American prisoner slain, the doctor should have felt relieved, but he spends sleepless nights. How do you account for his behaviour?
29 / 35
Why was Sadao not able to talk to the General about the assassins for quite some time?
30 / 35
Why did Sadao feel that the General was in the palm of his hand?
31 / 35
Dr. Sadao was torn between patriotism and the Hippocratic Oath that a doctor takes. How did he resolve the conflict?
32 / 35
Give an account of the effort made by Dr. Sadao and Hana to save the life of injured man.
33 / 35
Discuss the reaction of the servants to the arrival and departure of an American in the house?
34 / 35
‘Prejudice are obstacles in interaction among human beings’. In the light of the lesson discuss the statement.
35 / 35
Without his wife’s help Sadao wouldn’t have been able to save the injured man. Do you agree? Give reasoned answer.
Search for lessons, videos, chapters, notes, articles, robots, and much more...
Searching all of human history for ""
What's it about?
The Complete Class 12 English CBSE Core Course is a one-of-a-kind course for students of Class 12 English CBSE Core and includes Flamingo, Vistas, reading and writing. It is jam-packed with hundreds of animated videos , detailed and original questions and answers, hundreds of HOTS questions along with their answers, and thousands of practice questions. And it doesn’t just cover literature, we cover reading, writing, and grammar too, so you never lag behind.
This course is regularly updated, because these are fickle times we live in. This course will always stay up to date with the CBSE curriculum and is even now in sync with it. We’ve updated our course to include thorough examinations of discursive passages, case-based passages, and the newly added value-based questions.
Here’s all that’s included in this course:
- Literature – All chapters from Flamingo & Vistas.
- Grammar – All grammar topics prescribed by the latest CBSE syllabus.
- Reading – Includes in-depth explanations of both discursive and case-based passages.
What’s special about this course?
- The entire chapter is explained line-by-line with the help of whiteboard animations, characters, and videos, because if we want to hold your attention, it’s got to be more interesting than the book, and we promise you, it is.
- We’ve split the videos into bite-sized snippets so it’s easier for you to stay attentive for longer and understand and grasp the content explained better.
- The chapter has been brought to life by our founder, Meenu Sethi, who’s been educating for more than three decades, and has been applauded for her voice on YouTube (barring the creepy comments). She has a knack for explaining even the toughest of lines in the simplest of words, turning these chapter into bite-sized pieces of cake.
- Once you’ve watched and understood the chapter, you can then move on to these practice quizzes to test your understanding.
- The results are presented instantaneously, along with where you went wrong and what were the correct answer.
- Each lesson is accompanied by a practice quiz, so if you’ve just watched a 2-minute video, you can then jump on to the quiz and check if you’ve really understood the topic or did you space out.
- These quizzes have multiple choice questions, multiple answer questions, and fill in the blanks.
Summaries & Reading Materials
- In a hurry? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- If you just want to understand the concept or brush up on your syllabus, these reading materials will be your best friend.
- All of the materials have been curated and proof-read, so they are all high-quality, well explained pieces to supplement your learning journey.
Questions & Answers
- All the literature chapters come with original and extremely thorough questions and answers.
- These include exercises present in the original books along with a ton of brand-new questions.
- These too have been split up for easy consumption, so after you’ve watched the video, attempted the quiz, and gone through the reading materials, you can go through these questions and answers to fully absorb the chapter.
- These are like plug-and-play hardware.
- All the topics in writing sections: formal and informal letters, applications, invitations can be hard to write from scratch every time, so we include easy-to-memorise templates crafted just for you.
- Just put in the words related to the topic and you have a letter or an application ready to go.
What if something’s missing?
We continuously strive to update our course as and when the curriculum is updated, but there might be times when we lag behind. With our “Request for Content” feature, you can now request for any missing or additional content right within your portal, and it’ll be delivered to your dashboard promptly.
I have a problem. Who can I contact?
What should I know before joining this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but you should be able to read English. If this course covers your curriculum, you can join it even if you’ve never studied it before.
Who is this course for?
Every student of class 12 who studies English. This course is meant to take you from zero to hundred, so no matter where you are on your journey, whether you’re just starting or are an experienced learner, this course will help you build your knowledge and learn better and smarter.
Uday SethiApr 7, 2021
I am an introvert and whenever I have any doubts in my class. I am never able to clear them. But now with the help of these videos I hardly ever feel embarrassed as I can rewind and listen tUday Sethi - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Gobinda GabaApr 7, 2021
Before I joined English Chatterbox my marks in English were quite low. I could not understand the tough English of the chapters and my school teachers patience would run out trying to explaiGobinda Gaba - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Shreyans MittalApr 7, 2021
The site is really helpful. I wasnt able to attend the classes before due to other tuitions. But as I have joined the website it has got really easy for me to cover up what I had missed. MorShreyans Mittal - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Khayat ChakravertyApr 7, 2021
Videos and notes available online on the website help me to study anywhere and anytime either on a phone or a laptop. The videos keep me glued to the chapter and help understand the conceptKhayat Chakraverty - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Muskaan ChuttaniApr 7, 2021
The site is an excellent platform to allay all my doubts. The best part about is that it explains each and every line of the chapter which helps in better understanding of the chapter. It alMuskaan Chuttani - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Shivangi KapoorApr 7, 2021
The Website is the best help as if we miss a class, we are simply able to get a back up from the website without lagging behind and facing any problem.Shivangi Kapoor - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?