CBSE Class 10 Updated English Syllabus and Books - Academic Year 2023-24
Download the latest, updated CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023-24 and Interact in English books. The English syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 has been changed, and the old textbooks have been replaced with Interact in English books. Find out all that has changed and all that hasn't.
The English syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 has undergone significant changes, including the introduction of new textbooks. The newly introduced textbooks are:
- Interact in English - Literature Reader
- Interact in English - Main Course Book
- Interact in English - Workbook
You can click on the links above to download the latest PDFs of Interact in English, Class 10, NCERT English.
The new Interact in English books, including the English Literature Reader, Main Course Book, and Workbook for English Communicative Course, have been designed to help students develop a deeper understanding of the English language and literature while promoting critical thinking, creativity, and communication skills.
The newly added chapters are:
- Two Gentlemen of Verona by A.J. Cronin
- Packletide's Tiger by Saki
- The Letter by Dhumaketu
- A Shady Plot by Elsie Brown
- Patol Babu, Film Star by Satyajit Ray
- Virtually True by Paul Stewart
- The Frog and the Nightingale by Vikram Seth
- Not Marble, nor the Gilded Monuments (Sonnet 55) by Shakespeare
- Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Rime of The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Snake by D.H. Lawrence
- The Dear Departed by Stanley Houghton
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
Unit 1: Health And Medicine
- Do Indians Get Enough Sleep?
- Laughter-The Best Medicine
- Whopping Walter Hudson
- The World of Sports
- Nature's Medicines
Unit 2: Education
- My Struggle For An Education
- Educating The Girl Child
- Inclusive Education
- Vocational Education
Unit 3: Science
- Promise For The Future: Renewable Energy
- Plugging Into Future
- Space Travel
- Letters From The Planet Aurigae II
Unit 4: Environment
- Treading the Green Path- Towards Preservation
- Heroes of the Environment
- Let's Clean Up
- A Tale of Three Villages
- Geological Heritage
Unit 5: Travel And Tourism
- Land of All Seasons
- The Emerald Islands
- Promoting Tourism
Unit 6: National Integration
- Unity in Diversity
- Challenges to National Integration
- Spirit of Unity
- Mile Sur Mera Tumhara
- Subject-verb Agreement
- Non-finites - Infinitives and Participles
- Avoiding Repetition- Substitution and Omission
- Modals - Expressing Attitudes
- Active and Passive
- Reported Speech
In this blog post, we'll explore the changes to the English syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 and the benefits of the new Interact in English books.
- One significant change to the English syllabus is the introduction of contemporary and diverse texts in the Interact in English - English Literature Reader. Students will be exposed to a broader range of perspectives and experiences from different cultures and backgrounds, encouraging critical thinking about the world around them.
- The Interact in English - Main Course Book focuses on developing language skills, including grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. It also includes topics related to social issues such as diversity and cultural awareness, promoting deeper thinking about the world.
- The Interact in English - Workbook for English Communicative Course provides exercises that help students improve their writing and speaking skills. The book includes tasks that encourage the use of technology to enhance learning, such as online research and digital communication.
The new English syllabus also emphasizes critical reading skills, promoting analysis and interpretation of various types of texts, including literary works, historical documents, and scientific papers.
In conclusion, the changes to the English syllabus for academic year 2023-24 and the introduction of the new Interact in English books offer numerous benefits for students. The new textbooks are more contemporary and diverse, reflecting changing times and providing a more engaging and interactive learning experience.