William Goes to the Pictures - The Magic Carpet - Class 8 - English
Renews every month. Cancel anytime
Fill in the correct tense form of the verbs given in brackets.
1. Sona _____________ two songs tomorrow. (record; simple future)
2. The foreign delegates _____________ for the conference on Monday. (start; simple future)
3. Our class teacher _____________ extra classes for the students who didn’t do well in the
examination. (conduct; future continuous)
4. Reshma v the drama club soon. (join; future continuous)
5. Don’t be so casual. You are _____________ your dialogues on stage. (forget; going to)
6. If our team misses scoring opportunities like these, we are not _____________ the quiz
competition. (win; going to)
7. I have been declared fit, so II _____________ tomorrow. (Play; present continuous)
8. She wants to finish this book before she _____________ to bed. (go; simple present)
9. The train has arrived. We are _____________ it. (board, about to)
10. The school _____________ on 4 July. (open; simple present)
Sona will record two songs tomorrow. (simple future)
The foreign delegates will start for the conference on Monday. (simple future)
Our class teacher will be conducting extra classes for the students who didn’t do well in the examination. (future continuous)
Reshma will be joining the drama club soon. (future continuous)
Don’t be so casual. You are going to forget your dialogues on stage. (going to)
If our team misses scoring opportunities like these, we are not going to win the quiz competition. (going to)
I have been declared fit, so I am playing tomorrow. (present continuous)
She wants to finish this book before she goes to bed. (simple present)
The train has arrived. We are about to board it. (about to)
The school opens on 4 July. (simple present)
Fill in the right option.
1. I _____________ to start my own business in the coming months. (want/like)
2. I _____________ like to travel by train this time. (would/may)
3. The operation started at 10.30 a.m. It _____________ be over anytime now. (would/should)
4. I _____________ not pass the test this time. I have hardly prepared. (might/should)
5. I _____________ come over tomorrow and help you pack. (would/could)
Put a cross (x) to show the wrong sentences. Write them correctly.
I am understanding the number concepts very well.
He is appearing quite tired and sick.
Mr Pradhan is owning a beautiful seaside resort in Puri.
Ria said, “I wasn’t liking the band’s music at all.”
Wow! This caramel custard is tasting delicious.
I will join you in half an hour as I am having a bath.
Ma’am, I am having two pens. Can I lend one to her?
Wait! Remain quiet! Dad is thinking he can solve this puzzle.
Yummy! I am simply loving this pizza.
I intend to travel to Kerala next week.
About the Author - William Goes to the Pictures | The Magic Carpet | Class 8 Literature | English
Richmal Crompton Lamburn (1890-1969) is a celebrated English author, renowned for her 'Just William' series - humorous short stories about a mischievous schoolboy named William Brown. Beyond this popular series, Crompton wrote numerous novels for adults and even touched on social and moral issues in her works. Before starting her full-time writing career, she was a schoolmistress for a period. Her lively characters and engaging storytelling continue to enthrall readers of all ages.
Vocabulary - William Goes to the Pictures | The Magic Carpet | Class 8 Literature | English
Indulged: Allowed oneself to enjoy something without feeling guilty.
After a long week of work, she indulged in a relaxing bubble bath.
Upheld: Supported or maintained, especially a belief or idea.
The court upheld the defendant's right to free speech.
Confectioner: A person or shop that makes and sells sweets or confections.
The local confectioner's shop had.................
We've got so much more in store, just for you! 🤩
Sign up to unlock Vocabulary and everything elseUnlock now 🔓