Mining not stealing - The Magic Carpet - Class 7 - English
Renews every month. Cancel anytime
Choose the most appropriate option.
- Mother spoke of being poor, but the children didn’t really take it seriously because a. their mother had a habit of complaining about lack of money. b. They still had enough to eat and nice clothes to wear. c. They continued to live in luxury.
- Peter was reluctant to share his idea with the girls because a. he was worried they would take the credit for it. b. He was afraid they would tell everyone about it. c. What he was going to do could be wrong, and he didn’t want to drag them into it.
- The last lot of coal in the cellar continued to last because. a. nobody was using it. b. Mother had secretly bought a huge pile of coal. c. Peter and the girls had been brining coal from the station.
- Peter’s cup was full. This was because a. he had mined for coal, had struck coal and he had been caught. b. he had now learned that his sisters had ‘humoured’ him. c. both the above
- b. They still had enough to eat and nice clothes to wear.
- c. What he was going to do could be wrong, and he didn’t want to drag them into it.
- c. Peter and the girls had been brining coal from the station.
- c. both the above
Powered by Chatterbot AI
When did the children actually feel that they were poor?
Why was the stationmaster surprised when he recognised the children?
Use the perfect form of the verbs to complete the sentences. Also, choose the appropriate adverbials, which are in colour.
- The Smiths ________ Delhi. They are in Madurai ________. (leave) (recently/now)
- My grandparents __________ him __________ quite some time. (know) (since/for)
- It’s nearly 9 p.m. and Poonam __________ not __________ from work. (return) (yet/just)
- We ___________ together ____________ the last three hours. (study) (since/for)
- The two countries __________ cordial diplomatic relations. (share) (since/for)
- Megha ____________ the match when her friends entered the court. (win) (always/already)
- When he joined the army, his elder brother ____________ there ________ nearly six years. (serve) (since/for)