- 1 video
- •28 questions & answers
- • 1 quiz
1 / 28
Where was it most likely that the two girls would find work after school and why?
2 / 28
What were the options that Sophie was dreaming of? Why does Jansie discourage her from having such dreams?
3 / 28
Why did Sophie wriggle when Geoff told her father that she had met Danny Casey?
4 / 28
Does Geoff believe what Sophie says about her meeting with Danny Casey?
5 / 28
Does Sophie's father believe her story?
6 / 28
How does Sophie include her brother Geoff in her fantasy of her future?
7 / 28
Which country did Danny Casey play for'? How did he fascinate his fans?
8 / 28
Why didn't Sophie want Jansie to know about her story with Danny?
9 / 28
Do you think Sophie had actually met Danny Casey at the Royce's? Give reasons in support of your answer.
10 / 28
Which was the only occasion when Sophie got to see Danny Casey in person?
11 / 28
How would you describe the character and temperament of Sophie's father?
12 / 28
Why did Sophie dream of having a boutique after leaving school?
13 / 28
How does Sophie plan to get the kind of money she wanted for her boutique?
14 / 28
How did Sophie's family react when she announced that if she ever had money she would buy a boutique?
15 / 28
What does Sophie mean when she says 'words had to be prized out of him like stones out of the ground’?
16 / 28
What did Sophie find most fascinating in her brother Geoff?
17 / 28
Sophie did not approve of her own world. What kind of a world did she dream of?
18 / 28
What did Sophie tell Geoff about her meeting with Danny Casey? Why?
19 / 28
What is referred to as 'the weekly pilgrimage for the family'? Why?
20 / 28
What does Sophie mean when she says, 'this was a Geoff thing not a Jansie thing?
21 / 28
Resignation was no sudden- thing'. What is the implication of this remark in the context of Sophie's character?
22 / 28
What place did Sophie choose to have a date with Danny Casey and why?
23 / 28
Coming back home from the canal Sophie once again starts picturing Casey outside Royce's. What does the incident show about her nature?
24 / 28
Bring out the various aspects of the brother sister relationship with illustration from the text.
25 / 28
‘Going Places’ is a story that borders on fantasy and reality’. Discuss.
26 / 28
“The meeting of Sophie with Danny Casey is a figment of her imagination”. Do you agree? Why / Why not?
27 / 28
On the basis of the text discuss what is different between Jansi and Sophie?
28 / 28
What socio-economic background did Sophie belong to'? What are the indicators of her family's financial status '?
Search for lessons, videos, chapters, notes, articles, robots, and much more...
Searching all of human history for ""
What's it about?
The Complete Class 12 English CBSE Core Course is a one-of-a-kind course for students of Class 12 English CBSE Core and includes Flamingo, Vistas, reading and writing. It is jam-packed with hundreds of animated videos , detailed and original questions and answers, hundreds of HOTS questions along with their answers, and thousands of practice questions. And it doesn’t just cover literature, we cover reading, writing, and grammar too, so you never lag behind.
This course is regularly updated, because these are fickle times we live in. This course will always stay up to date with the CBSE curriculum and is even now in sync with it. We’ve updated our course to include thorough examinations of discursive passages, case-based passages, and the newly added value-based questions.
Here’s all that’s included in this course:
- Literature – All chapters from Flamingo & Vistas.
- Grammar – All grammar topics prescribed by the latest CBSE syllabus.
- Reading – Includes in-depth explanations of both discursive and case-based passages.
What’s special about this course?
- The entire chapter is explained line-by-line with the help of whiteboard animations, characters, and videos, because if we want to hold your attention, it’s got to be more interesting than the book, and we promise you, it is.
- We’ve split the videos into bite-sized snippets so it’s easier for you to stay attentive for longer and understand and grasp the content explained better.
- The chapter has been brought to life by our founder, Meenu Sethi, who’s been educating for more than three decades, and has been applauded for her voice on YouTube (barring the creepy comments). She has a knack for explaining even the toughest of lines in the simplest of words, turning these chapter into bite-sized pieces of cake.
- Once you’ve watched and understood the chapter, you can then move on to these practice quizzes to test your understanding.
- The results are presented instantaneously, along with where you went wrong and what were the correct answer.
- Each lesson is accompanied by a practice quiz, so if you’ve just watched a 2-minute video, you can then jump on to the quiz and check if you’ve really understood the topic or did you space out.
- These quizzes have multiple choice questions, multiple answer questions, and fill in the blanks.
Summaries & Reading Materials
- In a hurry? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- If you just want to understand the concept or brush up on your syllabus, these reading materials will be your best friend.
- All of the materials have been curated and proof-read, so they are all high-quality, well explained pieces to supplement your learning journey.
Questions & Answers
- All the literature chapters come with original and extremely thorough questions and answers.
- These include exercises present in the original books along with a ton of brand-new questions.
- These too have been split up for easy consumption, so after you’ve watched the video, attempted the quiz, and gone through the reading materials, you can go through these questions and answers to fully absorb the chapter.
- These are like plug-and-play hardware.
- All the topics in writing sections: formal and informal letters, applications, invitations can be hard to write from scratch every time, so we include easy-to-memorise templates crafted just for you.
- Just put in the words related to the topic and you have a letter or an application ready to go.
What if something’s missing?
We continuously strive to update our course as and when the curriculum is updated, but there might be times when we lag behind. With our “Request for Content” feature, you can now request for any missing or additional content right within your portal, and it’ll be delivered to your dashboard promptly.
I have a problem. Who can I contact?
What should I know before joining this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but you should be able to read English. If this course covers your curriculum, you can join it even if you’ve never studied it before.
Who is this course for?
Every student of class 12 who studies English. This course is meant to take you from zero to hundred, so no matter where you are on your journey, whether you’re just starting or are an experienced learner, this course will help you build your knowledge and learn better and smarter.
Uday SethiApr 7, 2021
I am an introvert and whenever I have any doubts in my class. I am never able to clear them. But now with the help of these videos I hardly ever feel embarrassed as I can rewind and listen tUday Sethi - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Gobinda GabaApr 7, 2021
Before I joined English Chatterbox my marks in English were quite low. I could not understand the tough English of the chapters and my school teachers patience would run out trying to explaiGobinda Gaba - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Shreyans MittalApr 7, 2021
The site is really helpful. I wasnt able to attend the classes before due to other tuitions. But as I have joined the website it has got really easy for me to cover up what I had missed. MorShreyans Mittal - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Khayat ChakravertyApr 7, 2021
Videos and notes available online on the website help me to study anywhere and anytime either on a phone or a laptop. The videos keep me glued to the chapter and help understand the conceptKhayat Chakraverty - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Muskaan ChuttaniApr 7, 2021
The site is an excellent platform to allay all my doubts. The best part about is that it explains each and every line of the chapter which helps in better understanding of the chapter. It alMuskaan Chuttani - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Shivangi KapoorApr 7, 2021
The Website is the best help as if we miss a class, we are simply able to get a back up from the website without lagging behind and facing any problem.Shivangi Kapoor - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?