Father To Son
1 / 5
I do not understand this child Though we have lived together now In the same house for years. I know Nothing of him, so try to build Up a relationship from how He was when small. a. Who is 'I' in the stanza? Which child is 'I' talking about? b. Why does he call the child 'this child' rather than 'my child'? c. Why does 'I' feel that he knows nothing of 'him '? d. What effort does he make to be able to understand him?
2 / 5
Yet have I killed The seed I spent or sown it where The land is his and none of mine? We speak like strangers, there's no sign Of understanding in the air. This child is built to my design Yet what he loves I cannot share. a. Explain: 'Yet have I killed / The seed I spent', b. Why do you think they behave and speak like strangers? c. What do you understand by "This child is built to my design”? d. Why can't 'I' share what 'he' loves?
3 / 5
Silence surrounds us. I would have Him prodigal, returning to His father's house, the home he knew, Rather than see him make and move His world. I would forgive him too, Shaping from sorrow a new love. a. What is Prodigal? b. 'Silence surrounds us '. Silence in certain contexts is synonymous with tranquility and peace. What sort of a 'silence I is being referred to 'here? Why is it not tranquil and peaceful? c. What two choices does the father have? What would he prefer out of the two? d. In spite of his indifferent attitude the father is still ready to pardon his son. What light does it reflect on him? e. How does the father expect his forgiving attitude to affect his son?
4 / 5
Father and son, we both must live On the same globe and the same land, He speaks: I cannot understand Myself, why anger grows from grief. We each put out an empty hand, Longing for something to forgive. a. Globe comprises the land, then why has the poet used 'globe I and 'land' in the same sentence? b. What is the outcome of the father and son's efforts to restore amicable relationship between them? c. Explain: "why anger grows from grief'. d. What longing of the father and son remains unfulfilled?
5 / 5
The father feels sorry that his son has moved away from him. There is no understanding between them. Based on your reading of the poem, write a paragraph on the topic : 'Generation gap is necessary for life'.
Father To Son
Search for lessons, videos, chapters, notes, articles, robots, and much more...
Searching all of human history for ""
What's it about?
The Class 11 English CBSE Core Course is a fully-loaded course curated especially for students of Class 11 English CBSE Core and includes Hornbill, Snapshots, reading, writing, and grammar. It is loaded with animated videos , detailed and original questions and answers, hundreds of HOTS questions along with their answers, and thousands of practice questions. And it doesn’t just cover literature, we cover reading, writing, and grammar too, so you never lag behind.
This course is regularly updated, because these are fickle times we live in. This course will always stay up to date with the CBSE curriculum and is even now in sync with it. We’ve updated our course to include thorough examinations of discursive passages, case-based passages, and the newly added value-based questions.
Here’s all that’s included in this course:
- Literature – All chapters from Hornbill & Snapshots.
- Grammar – All grammar topics prescribed by the latest CBSE syllabus.
- Reading – Includes in-depth explanations of both discursive and case-based passages.
- Writing - Ready-to-use templates for all writing topics including applications, letters, initiations,
What’s special about this course?
- The entire chapter is explained line-by-line with the help of whiteboard animations, characters, and videos, because if we want to hold your attention, it’s got to be more interesting than the book, and we promise you, it is.
- We’ve split the videos into bite-sized snippets so it’s easier for you to stay attentive for longer and understand and grasp the content explained better.
- The chapter has been brought to life by our founder, Meenu Sethi, who’s been educating for more than three decades, and has been applauded for her voice on YouTube (barring the creepy comments). She has a knack for explaining even the toughest of lines in the simplest of words, turning these chapter into bite-sized pieces of cake.
- Once you’ve watched and understood the chapter, you can then move on to these practice quizzes to test your understanding.
- The results are presented instantaneously, along with where you went wrong and what were the correct answer.
- Each lesson is accompanied by a practice quiz, so if you’ve just watched a 2-minute video, you can then jump on to the quiz and check if you’ve really understood the topic or did you space out.
- These quizzes have multiple choice questions, multiple answer questions, and fill in the blanks.
Summaries & Reading Materials
- In a hurry? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- If you just want to understand the concept or brush up on your syllabus, these reading materials will be your best friend.
- All of the materials have been curated and proof-read, so they are all high-quality, well explained pieces to supplement your learning journey.
Questions & Answers
- All the literature chapters come with original and extremely thorough questions and answers.
- These include exercises present in the original books along with a ton of brand-new questions.
- These too have been split up for easy consumption, so after you’ve watched the video, attempted the quiz, and gone through the reading materials, you can go through these questions and answers to fully absorb the chapter.
- These are like plug-and-play hardware.
- All the topics in writing sections: formal and informal letters, applications, invitations can be hard to write from scratch every time, so we include easy-to-memorise templates crafted just for you.
- Just put in the words related to the topic and you have a letter or an application ready to go.
What if something’s missing?
We continuously strive to update our course as and when the curriculum is updated, but there might be times when we lag behind. With our “Request for Content” feature, you can now request for any missing or additional content right within your portal, and it’ll be delivered to your dashboard promptly.
I have a problem. Who can I contact?
What should I know before joining this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but you should be able to read English. If this course covers your curriculum, you can join it even if you’ve never studied it before.
Who is this course for?
Every student of class 12 who studies English. This course is meant to take you from zero to hundred, so no matter where you are on your journey, whether you’re just starting or are an experienced learner, this course will help you build your knowledge and learn better and smarter.
Muskan JainApr 7, 2021
The best thing in the videos is when a line is being explained, it appears in the videoMuskan Jain - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Gorja GabaApr 7, 2021
The whole literature portion ( The NCERT exercises plus the extra questions ) are very useful. The writing formats for the whole year are available together so you can revise everyday to avoGorja Gaba - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Kajal ChaddhaApr 7, 2021
These videos are very helpful. The voice in videos is very clear and easy to understand. Complicated lines are very easily explained with examples. The graphics helps to remember instances fKajal Chaddha - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Hoshali MalhotraApr 7, 2021
This website has been my true savior as I have to go for my FIITJEE classes and I hardly can devote any time to attend any kind of regular tuitions. But on this website all my tensions cameHoshali Malhotra - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Joy ChopraApr 7, 2021
Presently I am studying in 11th standard in Amity International School and I have been studying at Meenu Sethi's English institute since i was in 6th standard. I am very happy and satisfiedJoy Chopra - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Sourav AggarwalApr 7, 2021
Really, Meenu Mam's online videos are a great help to me in studies. Each and every topic of English is explained very well and most importantly in Hindi which makes the chapter easy to undeSourav Aggarwal - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Kulyash MoudgilApr 7, 2021
Today i will tell you a simple and easy way to score good marks in English. For that just join WWW. EnglishChatterbox.Com. The website provides Hindi explanation of chapters. It provides forKulyash Moudgil - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Arjun AroraApr 7, 2021
I am ,Arjun Arora ,of Bal Bharti Public School. I am fully fascinated by the website. the main benefit I got from website is that anything I could not understand in class I could easily undeArjun Arora - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Divyangna KhannaApr 7, 2021
I have been studying in Meenu Ma'am's institute since I was in class IV. This year new web support that we have been provided has helped me and other students a lot. Even when we miss a clasDivyangna Khanna - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?