- 1 video
- •34 questions & answers
- • 1 quiz
1 / 34
One evening her husband returned elated bearing in his hand a large envelope. “Here,” he said, “here is something for you.” a. Why was the husband elated? b. What was the reaction from 'you'? c. Why did she give such a reaction?
2 / 34
He threw around her shoulders that modest wraps they had carried whose poverty clashed with the elegance of the ball costume. She wished to hurry away ... a. What precedes these lines? b. 'She' wished to hurry away. Why? c. Which word in the given extract is a synonym of 'not expensive'?
3 / 34
She learned the odious work of a kitchen ... she seemed old now. She had become strong, hard woman, the crude woman of a poor household. a. Who seemed old now? b. What had made her 'crude'? c. What had brought about this change?
4 / 34
Mme Forestier was touched and took both her hands as she replied, "Oh! My poor Matilda! Mine were false. They were not worth over five hundred francs." a. Why was Mme Forestier touched? b. "Mine were false." What does 'mine' refer to in these words? c. How much had Mme Loisel paid for it?
5 / 34
What kind of life did Matilda dream of?
6 / 34
Why did Matilda not like to visit her schoolmate?
7 / 34
Why did Matilda act impatiently when her husband came home with the invitation?
8 / 34
Mention the instances from the text that show Mr. Loisel was a simple man and loved his wife.
9 / 34
Why does Matilda borrow her friend's necklace? What does the incident show about her character?
10 / 34
Why did Madame Loisel's hands tremble when she took the diamond necklace?
11 / 34
How did Matilda feel at her success?
12 / 34
How did the Loisels arrange for the money?
13 / 34
How long does it take the Loisels to pay for the diamond necklace? How does Matilda face the adverse times?
14 / 34
Briefly describe the condition of Mrs. Loisel, ten years after she had lost the necklace.
15 / 34
Why did Jeanne not recognize her friend?
16 / 34
Why was Matilda moved when she saw Madame Forestier at the Champs Elysees?
17 / 34
What changes does the loss of the necklace bring about in the character of Matilda?
18 / 34
Matilda's husband earns the respect and sympathy of the reader through his quiet, unassuming nature. Explain.
19 / 34
Compare the kind of life Matilda aspired of and the kind of life she was forced to live.
20 / 34
The intoxicating success of one night cost Madame Loisel drudgery for ten years. Explain.
21 / 34
Why did Madame Loisel avoid visiting her friends?
22 / 34
In spite of being a great success at the ball Matilda could not enjoy her success for long. Why was it so?
23 / 34
In the end Madame Forestier comments ‘my necklace was paste!’ What does she mean by saying this?
24 / 34
Write the character sketch of Mme Loisel.
25 / 34
What kind of a person is Mrs. Loisel?
26 / 34
What kind of a person was her husband?
27 / 34
What fresh problem now disturbs Mme Loisel?
28 / 34
How is the problem solved?
29 / 34
What do Mr. and Mme Loisel do next?
30 / 34
How do they replace the necklace?
31 / 34
The course of the Loisel’s life changed due to the necklace. Comment.
32 / 34
What was the cause of Matilda’s ruin? How could she have avoided it?
33 / 34
People should always try to live within their means. Aspirations have no limits but one should never forget ground realities. Elaborate on the basis of the story ‘The Necklace’.
34 / 34
Matilda’s disposition brings her own doom had she been truthful to Madam Forestier she could have avoided the misfortune. Assume that Matilda gathered the courage to confess the truth. Write a dialogue between the two friends after the necklace is lost.
Search for lessons, videos, chapters, notes, articles, robots, and much more...
Searching all of human history for ""
What's it about?
The Class 10 English CBSE Language and Literature - The Complete A-Z Course is a fully-featured course for students of Class 10 English NCERT Language & Literature and includes Footprints Without Feet, First Flight, grammar, reading and writing. It includes hundreds of animated videos , detailed and original questions and answers, hundreds of HOTS questions along with their answers, and thousands of practice questions. And it doesn’t just cover literature, we cover reading, writing, and grammar too, so you never lag behind.
This course is regularly updated, because these are fickle times we live in. This course will always stay up to date with the CBSE curriculum and is even now in sync with it. We’ve updated our course to include thorough examinations of discursive passages, case-based passages, and the newly added value-based questions.
Here’s all that’s included in this course:
- Literature – All chapters from Footprints without Feet & First Flight.
- Grammar – All grammar topics prescribed by the latest CBSE syllabus.
- Reading – Includes in-depth explanations of both discursive and case-based passages.
- Writing - Ready-to-use templates for all writing topics including applications, letters, initiations,
What’s special about this course?
- The entire chapter is explained line-by-line with the help of whiteboard animations, characters, and videos, because if we want to hold your attention, it’s got to be more interesting than the book, and we promise you, it is.
- We’ve split the videos into bite-sized snippets so it’s easier for you to stay attentive for longer and understand and grasp the content explained better.
- The chapter has been brought to life by our founder, Meenu Sethi, who’s been educating for more than three decades, and has been applauded for her voice on YouTube (barring the creepy comments). She has a knack for explaining even the toughest of lines in the simplest of words, turning these chapter into bite-sized pieces of cake.
- Once you’ve watched and understood the chapter, you can then move on to these practice quizzes to test your understanding.
- The results are presented instantaneously, along with where you went wrong and what were the correct answer.
- Each lesson is accompanied by a practice quiz, so if you’ve just watched a 2-minute video, you can then jump on to the quiz and check if you’ve really understood the topic or did you space out.
- These quizzes have multiple choice questions, multiple answer questions, and fill in the blanks.
Summaries & Reading Materials
- In a hurry? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- If you just want to understand the concept or brush up on your syllabus, these reading materials will be your best friend.
- All of the materials have been curated and proof-read, so they are all high-quality, well explained pieces to supplement your learning journey.
Questions & Answers
- All the literature chapters come with original and extremely thorough questions and answers.
- These include exercises present in the original books along with a ton of brand-new questions.
- These too have been split up for easy consumption, so after you’ve watched the video, attempted the quiz, and gone through the reading materials, you can go through these questions and answers to fully absorb the chapter.
- These are like plug-and-play hardware.
- All the topics in writing sections: formal and informal letters, applications, invitations can be hard to write from scratch every time, so we include easy-to-memorise templates crafted just for you.
- Just put in the words related to the topic and you have a letter or an application ready to go.
What if something’s missing?
We continuously strive to update our course as and when the curriculum is updated, but there might be times when we lag behind. With our “Request for Content” feature, you can now request for any missing or additional content right within your portal, and it’ll be delivered to your dashboard promptly.
I have a problem. Who can I contact?
What should I know before joining this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but you should be able to read English. If this course covers your curriculum, you can join it even if you’ve never studied it before.
Who is this course for?
Every student of class 12 who studies English. This course is meant to take you from zero to hundred, so no matter where you are on your journey, whether you’re just starting or are an experienced learner, this course will help you build your knowledge and learn better and smarter.
Arjun AnandApr 7, 2021
Itâ€™s a new and interesting experience for me. By watching the videos I understand the chapters really well. And the question answer helps me to understand the chapter in an even betteArjun Anand - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Raghav GuptaApr 7, 2021
I had never heard of anything being explained so interestingly. I am not very fond of sitting and studying for long hours but the visuals in videos kept me glued. Thanks English chatterbox.Raghav Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Umang JainApr 7, 2021
# Website helps me if i miss a class # It is useful as i can open it at any place and anytime. # It is convenient to use.Umang Jain - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Jayaditaya LuthraApr 7, 2021
I found Meenu Sethi's English Chatterbox website really helpful because whenever I miss a class I see Videos on it and whenever i don't understand a poem I see it because mam translates theJayaditaya Luthra - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Vansh NarulaApr 7, 2021
I shall assert that this website is a perfect path which leads to success in the subject of English. I can confidently suggest this website to anyone if he/she wVansh Narula - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Abhinav GuptaApr 7, 2021
I have been using the website for quite sometime. I have seen many videos on the website. They are quite useful to us. If incase the class couldnÍ›t be takenAbhinav Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Adarsh SomaniApr 7, 2021
The website is very useful as in many schools novel is assigned as homework. You can learn the chapter and acquire knowledge from it. In case if I miss out any of the class I can watch on itAdarsh Somani - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Tia RaizadaApr 7, 2021
It is a website which has helped me a lot. The translations in Hindi help me understand the chapters better. All the topics in Literature and novel are explained in detail. To add to it theTia Raizada - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Arshia MehtaApr 7, 2021
This Website is very engaging and motivating. I feel glad to be a part of this. It helps you to improve your grammar and work on your literature part. This makes writing section very interesArshia Mehta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Sarthak KapoorApr 7, 2021
It is really convenient. It could be accessed anywhere and can be used to achieve your desired result. The videos are really easy to understand as it is in Hindi and is also accompanied witSarthak Kapoor - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Sahaj GargApr 7, 2021
The videos on the website do not help instill a basic understanding of literature, novel and grammar topic but even helps to focus on some small and intricate details which are of high signiSahaj Garg - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Krishna ChawlaApr 7, 2021
1) The website is very useful 2) The language is simple and understandable. 3) It is very interesting to see and learn. 4) I really love to listen all the chapters here. 5) Even the graphicsKrishna Chawla - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Jashan SinghApr 7, 2021
I think this website is the best way for revising all the chapters and topics of grammar. It could help those students who are not able to learn and understand some topics in their class, caJashan Singh - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Muskan GuptaApr 7, 2021
English Chatterbox is quite useful as it helps to understand the whole content easily. The translation and the pictures related to the content. It gives idea to the children to visualize whaMuskan Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Abhishek SethiApr 7, 2021
The website helped me to learn the chapters and novel easily. It also improved my grammar which is used to be wrong most of the time. It helped me to understand anything in English which I wAbhishek Sethi - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?