A Question Of Trust
1 / 25
What does Horace Danby like to collect?
2 / 25
Why does Horace steal every year?
3 / 25
Who is speaking to Horace Danby?
4 / 25
Who is the real culprit in the story?
5 / 25
Did you begin to suspect, before the end of the story, that the lady was not the person
6 / 25
What are the subtle ways in which the lady manages to deceive Horace Danby into thinking she is the lady of the house? Why doesn’t Horace suspect that something is wrong?
7 / 25
“Horace Danby was good and respectable — but not completely honest”. Why do you think this description is apt for Horace? Why can’t he be categorised as a typical thief?
8 / 25
Horace Danby was a meticulous planner but still he faltered. Where did he go wrong and why?
9 / 25
So he robbed a safe every year. Each year he planned carefully just what he would do, stole enough to last for twelve months, and secretly bought the books he loved through an agent.
a. Who is 'he' in the above extract?
b. Why did 'he' rob only one safe every year?
c. What does this tell us about ‘he’?
10 / 25
A small dog was lying in the kitchen. It stirred, made a noise, and moved its tail in a friendly way.
a. What is the name of the dog mentioned in the above extract?
b. In which house is the kitchen referred to located?
c. Find a word from the passage that means the same as 'cordial'.
11 / 25
The voice went on, "You can cure it with a special treatment, you know, if you find out just what plant gives you the disease. I think you'd better see a doctor, if you're serious about your work."
a. Whose voice is referred to in the above extract?
b. What disease was the voice referring to?
c. How did she know he had a disease?
12 / 25
She laughed, and he begged, thinking that he had persuaded her, "Look, I have no right to ask you for anything, but I'm desperate."
a. Who are 'she' and 'he' in the above extract?
b. Why did 'he' say that he was desperate?
c. Find a word in the passage that means the same as 'convinced'.
13 / 25
Whom did Horace Danby see in the kitchen? How did they greet each other? What tact did Horace apply there?
14 / 25
How did Danby prepare for the robbery at Shotover Grange?
15 / 25
What was the passion of Horace Danby and how did he satisfy it?
16 / 25
Where was the safe at Shotover Grange? What was there inside it? What did Horace expect to get if he sold them one by one?
17 / 25
How did flowers hinder Horace in his work?
18 / 25
Why was Horace Danby sure that his robbery at Shotover Grange would be a successful one?
19 / 25
Why does Horace Danby get angry when anyone talks about 'honour among thieves'?
20 / 25
What are the subtle ways in which the lady manages to deceive Horace Danby into thinking she is the mistress of the house?
21 / 25
What did Horace Danby wonder about for a moment? What did he think and decide?
22 / 25
What precautions did Danby take to avoid arrest? What blunder did he commit in his last venture?
23 / 25
Why was Horace Danby arrested although he failed to profit from the robbery at Shotover Grange?
24 / 25
Horace was clever but the lady in red was cleverer. Do you agree with this statement? Justify your answer.
25 / 25
‘Honour among thieves’ is considered a popular code. Examine in context with ‘A question of trust’ as the story is woven around this code.
A Question Of Trust
Search for lessons, videos, chapters, notes, articles, robots, and much more...
Searching all of human history for ""
What's it about?
The Class 10 English CBSE Language and Literature - The Complete A-Z Course is a fully-featured course for students of Class 10 English NCERT Language & Literature and includes Footprints Without Feet, First Flight, grammar, reading and writing. It includes hundreds of animated videos , detailed and original questions and answers, hundreds of HOTS questions along with their answers, and thousands of practice questions. And it doesn’t just cover literature, we cover reading, writing, and grammar too, so you never lag behind.
This course is regularly updated, because these are fickle times we live in. This course will always stay up to date with the CBSE curriculum and is even now in sync with it. We’ve updated our course to include thorough examinations of discursive passages, case-based passages, and the newly added value-based questions.
Here’s all that’s included in this course:
- Literature – All chapters from Footprints without Feet & First Flight.
- Grammar – All grammar topics prescribed by the latest CBSE syllabus.
- Reading – Includes in-depth explanations of both discursive and case-based passages.
- Writing - Ready-to-use templates for all writing topics including applications, letters, initiations,
What’s special about this course?
- The entire chapter is explained line-by-line with the help of whiteboard animations, characters, and videos, because if we want to hold your attention, it’s got to be more interesting than the book, and we promise you, it is.
- We’ve split the videos into bite-sized snippets so it’s easier for you to stay attentive for longer and understand and grasp the content explained better.
- The chapter has been brought to life by our founder, Meenu Sethi, who’s been educating for more than three decades, and has been applauded for her voice on YouTube (barring the creepy comments). She has a knack for explaining even the toughest of lines in the simplest of words, turning these chapter into bite-sized pieces of cake.
- Once you’ve watched and understood the chapter, you can then move on to these practice quizzes to test your understanding.
- The results are presented instantaneously, along with where you went wrong and what were the correct answer.
- Each lesson is accompanied by a practice quiz, so if you’ve just watched a 2-minute video, you can then jump on to the quiz and check if you’ve really understood the topic or did you space out.
- These quizzes have multiple choice questions, multiple answer questions, and fill in the blanks.
Summaries & Reading Materials
- In a hurry? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- If you just want to understand the concept or brush up on your syllabus, these reading materials will be your best friend.
- All of the materials have been curated and proof-read, so they are all high-quality, well explained pieces to supplement your learning journey.
Questions & Answers
- All the literature chapters come with original and extremely thorough questions and answers.
- These include exercises present in the original books along with a ton of brand-new questions.
- These too have been split up for easy consumption, so after you’ve watched the video, attempted the quiz, and gone through the reading materials, you can go through these questions and answers to fully absorb the chapter.
- These are like plug-and-play hardware.
- All the topics in writing sections: formal and informal letters, applications, invitations can be hard to write from scratch every time, so we include easy-to-memorise templates crafted just for you.
- Just put in the words related to the topic and you have a letter or an application ready to go.
What if something’s missing?
We continuously strive to update our course as and when the curriculum is updated, but there might be times when we lag behind. With our “Request for Content” feature, you can now request for any missing or additional content right within your portal, and it’ll be delivered to your dashboard promptly.
I have a problem. Who can I contact?
What should I know before joining this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but you should be able to read English. If this course covers your curriculum, you can join it even if you’ve never studied it before.
Who is this course for?
Every student of class 12 who studies English. This course is meant to take you from zero to hundred, so no matter where you are on your journey, whether you’re just starting or are an experienced learner, this course will help you build your knowledge and learn better and smarter.
Arjun AnandApr 7, 2021
Itâ€™s a new and interesting experience for me. By watching the videos I understand the chapters really well. And the question answer helps me to understand the chapter in an even betteArjun Anand - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Raghav GuptaApr 7, 2021
I had never heard of anything being explained so interestingly. I am not very fond of sitting and studying for long hours but the visuals in videos kept me glued. Thanks English chatterbox.Raghav Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Umang JainApr 7, 2021
# Website helps me if i miss a class # It is useful as i can open it at any place and anytime. # It is convenient to use.Umang Jain - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Jayaditaya LuthraApr 7, 2021
I found Meenu Sethi's English Chatterbox website really helpful because whenever I miss a class I see Videos on it and whenever i don't understand a poem I see it because mam translates theJayaditaya Luthra - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Vansh NarulaApr 7, 2021
I shall assert that this website is a perfect path which leads to success in the subject of English. I can confidently suggest this website to anyone if he/she wVansh Narula - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Abhinav GuptaApr 7, 2021
I have been using the website for quite sometime. I have seen many videos on the website. They are quite useful to us. If incase the class couldnÍ›t be takenAbhinav Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Adarsh SomaniApr 7, 2021
The website is very useful as in many schools novel is assigned as homework. You can learn the chapter and acquire knowledge from it. In case if I miss out any of the class I can watch on itAdarsh Somani - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Tia RaizadaApr 7, 2021
It is a website which has helped me a lot. The translations in Hindi help me understand the chapters better. All the topics in Literature and novel are explained in detail. To add to it theTia Raizada - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Arshia MehtaApr 7, 2021
This Website is very engaging and motivating. I feel glad to be a part of this. It helps you to improve your grammar and work on your literature part. This makes writing section very interesArshia Mehta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Sarthak KapoorApr 7, 2021
It is really convenient. It could be accessed anywhere and can be used to achieve your desired result. The videos are really easy to understand as it is in Hindi and is also accompanied witSarthak Kapoor - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Sahaj GargApr 7, 2021
The videos on the website do not help instill a basic understanding of literature, novel and grammar topic but even helps to focus on some small and intricate details which are of high signiSahaj Garg - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Krishna ChawlaApr 7, 2021
1) The website is very useful 2) The language is simple and understandable. 3) It is very interesting to see and learn. 4) I really love to listen all the chapters here. 5) Even the graphicsKrishna Chawla - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Jashan SinghApr 7, 2021
I think this website is the best way for revising all the chapters and topics of grammar. It could help those students who are not able to learn and understand some topics in their class, caJashan Singh - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Muskan GuptaApr 7, 2021
English Chatterbox is quite useful as it helps to understand the whole content easily. The translation and the pictures related to the content. It gives idea to the children to visualize whaMuskan Gupta - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?
Abhishek SethiApr 7, 2021
The website helped me to learn the chapters and novel easily. It also improved my grammar which is used to be wrong most of the time. It helped me to understand anything in English which I wAbhishek Sethi - Verified PurchaseWas this helpful?